Hobson Engineering was established by Mr Ron Hobson in 1935 at Alexandria. Although only having a small product range, the name became synonymous with precision and quality. The major lines were bicycle axles (no imported bicycles in those days!) and roller skates, with "ROLLERPLANE" being revered as the best skate available. The fact that Ron was the Australian roller skating champion using his own skates of course helped the cause.
During World War II the plant was operating 24 hours a day, producing aircraft components and boasting one of the few approved aeronautical inspection departments.
Hobson Engineering has expanded significantly from its early roots in a local based Sydney manufacturing operation to now being the largest fastener company in its chosen product range in Australia. This position has been gained through building strong partnerships with suppliers and customers.
Hobson Engineering is certified to ISO9001. >> Download ISO9001 Certificate.
In 2010 Hobson moved from Castle Hill to the new Eastern Creek purpose built dual warehouse complex with over 20,000 pallet capacity and now maintains over 21,000 sq metres of warehouse space over its Australia wide network.
In 2011 Hobson Engineering became the master distributor in Australia of Schnorr® disc springs, load and safety washers, Nord-Lock® vibration proof fasteners and Bumax® high tensile stainless steel. Hobson's industry leading reputation for quality, innovation, dependability, distribution, stock depth and massive product range made Hobson the clear choice for Schnorr®, Nord-Lock® and Bumax®.